Unlike the telecommunications or security industries, the ATM industry is unique in that it has only a few major players. However, it is not lacking activities, especially over the past 5 years, as the industry has had some major growth and changes due to the modernization of banking technology (i.e. Omni-channel integration, mobile banking, NFC), regulatory mandates (i.e. ADA, Check21), and branch transformations (i.e. video banking, assisted self-service). Recently, there has been a lot of unprecedented M&A activity in the ATM industry.
While these exciting changes have brought considerable investment opportunities, they have made the investment climate uncertain, if not tricky. How does an investment firm with little prior industry experience know what the next successful solution for the firm will deliver the highest ROI? How about investing in small apps for small businesses that could take the industry by storm tomorrow?
We are here to bring insights to help determine investment feasibility
- ATM industry introduction (i.e. key players and their software/hardware solutions, global/regional market shares and trends, etc.)
- ATM Industry Innovations and Trends (i.e. omni-channel integration, Video Banking, eReceipt, one-to-one targeted marketing, Deposit Automation, cash recycling).
- Activities at major accounts (i.e. winners vs. losers, reasons of account change-hand, etc.)
- Major M&A analysis (i.e. Diebold acquisition of Phoenix, subsequent Diebold and Wincor merger, NCR acquisition of uGenius and Digital Insight, etc.)
- ATM components analysis (i.e. Cash Recycler, Mix-Media Deposit Module, etc.)